Pages

Monday 6 January 2014

Question Six

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing the product?

When doing my photo shoot I used the Canon EOS 550D camera to take the pictures of my model Xandria; this is the camera I used in the magazine i made for my GCSE and my preliminary task so i had experience with using the camera, meaning id make a few mistakes when taking the pictures. Using this camera allowed me to take images of good quality that looked professional. i was able to take many images which allowed to choose from a vast variety of images in order for me to find the right images to place in my final magazine. I used a white backdrop during the shoot; this allowed me to easily crop my model and edit her out of the background. There was professional lighting used in the studio which produced outstanding pictures. Trigger lighting was used, this means that whenever in image was taken, the lighting would flash meaning the images came out clear.

I’ve learnt to use different types of technologies that all together made my magazine look more professional. Using the Canon EOS 550D allowed me to take pictures that looked professional, together with the lighting it made for a more proficient look as whenever I took a picture the lighting would flash at the same time; ensuring the image would be as clear as possible.

I uploaded all the images onto my home drive which allowed me to sort through my images and choose the images I would use for my magazine. When I chose the specific images I wanted to use I started to edit them in Photoshop CS5. The software allowed me to airbrush images, edit the lighting, cut the images and modify the images. I used Photoshop to edit my images to make the images look more professional, the mail reason was to crop the model out of the background from the images that were taken in a studio.

I used Adobe InDesign to create the magazine itself. The software allowed me to use different types of techniques used by professional such as: text wrapping, swatches; allows me to save colours I’ve already used in my magazine, it allows you to drag text when there’s too much text for the page to attain, it also allows you to view double pages side to side so you could view how the magazine would look like when it was finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment