Pages

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Photoshoot Poses


This week I looked at different stances I could use for my magazine. I looked at several magazine covers for inspiration; noticed that different poses can determine what genre the audience will presume is the genre. It’s not just about the colour scheme, each aspect of the magazine determines what the audience see as suitable for the certain genre. For example if you had a girl with pig tails and blonde hair doing a peace sign you wouldn’t presume that image would be used for Kerrang magazine but for a more pop magazine like top of the pops. On the other hand, a person sticking out their tongue and doing the rock sign on their hand would be more suited for a rock magazine; Kerrang. Because I’m doing alternative music I looked at some rock poses for alternative rock fans and searched for alternative artists in magazines and posters to observe what poses they use so I could incorporate that into my magazine to make it look more like an alternative magazine.




No comments:

Post a Comment