Pages

Sunday 6 October 2013

looking at existing magazines

This week i looked at why people still read magazines.

I looked at the codes and conventions magazines had that made the reader know what genre the magazine was. Thinking about my magazine I thought of following similar codes and conventions as NME and my magazine has a similar genre. Using a large full bleed image would attract passers by and grab the attention of anyone who walked by; I can't have the person on my front cover wearing randomly chosen outfits as that too reflects on the genre of the magazine, for example rock magazines usually have the artist wearing dark clothes like blacks and reds connotating aggression and violence which reflects on the music they make. I thought into consideration what types of colours went well with alternative/indie rock...the colours I thought of were: grey, maroon, dark yellow and red. The house style of the magazine would also have to reflect on the genre if the music.  
People buy music magazines for personal relationships therefore I believe my magazine should offer any possible well known social media that's well know so they feel as though they belong so a community of people with the same music taste which is why my magazine will advertise it's social media: Facebook, twitter and have blogs for people to write on, on it's website. 
Others read magazines for entertainment which is why I'll put quotes on the front page that are provocative meaning people would want to read what the article is about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment