Pages

Monday 30 September 2013

Preliminary Task Evaluation


My front cover is simple, using eye-catching colours such as navy blue and yellow which are also the same colours used on the Haydon stag and the general house style for Haydon. Using a similar house style to the one Haydon uses allows the audience to assume the magazine is related to Haydon. The image I used was full bleed; filling out the page easily. The image is of a girl in a cardboard box attracting the audience as its unusual and not a social norm therefore meaning more people would be intrigued to buy the magazine and see what the article is about. The girl in the image looks directly at the camera giving an effect compelling pacers by to take a second look at the magazine. Having a student on the front cover of the magazine specifies the magazine is for students.

I put in cover lines which followed the colour scheme so my audience identified my magazine and the concept of it being related to the school as the house style is the same has the exact same scheme the school uses around its building, letters and especially on its logo. The sells lines indicate what’s going to be within the magazine. The text I used for the cover lines are simple, this is to not take away the attention from the masthead and the images around the front cover. I used smaller images under the cell lines to show the readers an image of what the article is about, also to make it more visual so the readers will want to flick over to the page.

As the main image I used a teenage girl as my model, she’s in a box; makes clear that the article will be controversial and interesting. The girl looks directly at the camera, giving direct mode of address. Looking directly at the camera attracts the audience to look at the magazine as the eye contact given by the model captivates the reader’s attention. The image is a full bleed image covering the whole front page; the audience is able to see the model’s expression clearly making it a more effective front cover.

On the contents page I made sure I followed the colour scheme, I keeping a colour scheme consistent in a magazine makes it look professional, and also because it showed that the magazine is linked to Haydon School as the magazine follows the school colour scheme. I used a background colour to make the contents page look more interesting. The colour blue used for the background once again links in with the colour scheme. I included regulars and features; this shows the reader that the magazine is frequent.

I used several types of new media to attract young adults such as; twitter, facebook, youtube and tumblr.

Small images were used to give the readers an idea of what the main articles in the magazine are about.

Thing I could improve:

Ø  Spelling mistake

Ø  Use cover lines and strap lines

Ø  Professional font

Ø  Use images that aren’t blurry

Ø  Don’t make the text too oversized



No comments:

Post a Comment