Pages

Monday 23 September 2013

Proposal

My magazine will be an alternative music magazine, more alternative rock than anything else. This genre is slowly becoming a big genre in the music industry (up and coming). The colour scheme will relate to the music genre, colours such as red, orange, grey, yellow, maroon.

My magazine will have more images than text because my target audience will be more interested in good photography although I aim to make the text I write quirky and will use a lot of puns.

My magazine will use social media to connect with it's audience. The social media my magazine will use is twitter, vine, Facebook, tumblr, blogger, spotify and soundcloud. Using social media and music media means the readers have other ways to entertain themselves; they wont have to go on any other social media sites keeping them faithful and dedicated to the magazine.

My magazine won’t challenge any magazines but use and borrow the existing conventions, my product will include its own radio station, TV music channel, online based too, blogs, festivals, a shop, tour, own stage at festivals and its own awards.

My product represents particular social groups by featuring certain types of costumes which associate with my music genre. This would help represent a particular social group, as it would be easier for other readers to recognise the target audience/ the genre of my magazine.

IPC Media or BAUER Music will distribute my magazine as they distribute NME and Kerrang which are both well known brands/magazines that are sold worldwide and collect a lot of income from the amount of magazines they sell.


In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions or real media products?
My media product challenges real media products because of the things it offers. My magazine offers things such as: news, videos, new music, reviews, photos, films and TV shows to watch, blogs, festivals, an online store, radio station, awards, and its own TV station.

My magazine will represent social media as it will concentrate on groups that take media to heart and feel strongly about the music industry and like finding new bands to listen to particularly bands not many people know about. My magazine will represent social groups that like to find something different and not follow what’s on trend; my magazine will do this buy putting new artists in the magazine each month so the audience can keep up to date with new bands.
The audience for my magazine will be 16+ girls and boys who don’t like to listen to conventional music like pop; anything that’s on the charts. They like to listen to bands/artists that aren’t well known. My audience will have a weekend job that pays a minimum of £5 an hour so their able to buy the magazine monthly and pay for their music needs.

I will attract my audience by putting posters, music free bees, music competitions, concert opportunities and id use a colour scheme that would be suitable for my audience, I won’t use girly bright colours like pink but instead somewhat simple. My magazine will include new bands, my magazine will advertise the social media they use and use blogs to make the audience feel part of a community.



 

 


 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment